July 17, 2018
What is IGTV & What It Can Mean For Your Business
“Video is the way we hang out with friends, the way we pass the time, but the way we watch it is changing. Teens might be watching less TV, but they’re watching more creators online.” - Kevin Systrom, Chief Executive at Instagram. The second most popular social media platform on mobile, Instagram has recently launched Instagram TV (IGTV) - a new app for watching long-format videos. IGTV has been launched “keeping in mind the younger generation of content consumers who are spending a considerable time on mobile devices watching videos.” [caption id="attachment_9398" align="aligncenter" width="551"] Source: tomsguide.com[/caption] IGTV allows liking, commenting, sharing videos via direct messaging and providing suggestions. Here, the channels are actually individual account holders - and accounts can be created free of cost.
Here are the top features that IGTV has in store-
- You can put up a video as long as 60 minutes, and it can be played in full length, vertical mode for comfortable viewing.
- The videos can be shared directly via DM (Direct Message) option with your followers.
- IGTV can also be accessed from the main Instagram app, even if you don’t have the IGTV app.
- The application has a simple user interface. There is no need to search for videos of your followers, it starts playing them automatically. Apart from that, the app also shows videos based on likes and interests.
- Unlike Instagram stories, the videos do not disappear after 24 hours. These videos can be viewed till the time they are not manually deleted by the channel.
- Viewers can subscribe to your channel so that they do not miss any single update. All new updates are notified with a Call Out button on their Instagram account.